Tuesday, July 22, 2014

White linen and pink rhinestones

White linen and pink rhinestones

Think about 1991. I was 21 and hair metal was oh so something or another. Big hair and bad clothes reigned supreme and I thought I was rocking them both while for four whole months I worked as a stripper. Before you get any judgmental panties in a bunch, please note I don't care about anyone's opinion of me. After all, reputation and opinions are what people whisper behind your back when they don't know you well enough to know your mamas name. I was not some naive little girl that got victimized by a cruel cruel world. I was a grown up and it was a job, and I had a damn good time. It was a hoot. In my current state of chubbiness, if I ever got that skinny again somebody is gonna have to duct tape the clothes on me. When I have extra pennies I would love to take a burlesque class. I would shake my butt and have a blast taking a fun dance class. Throw on the sequins, ruffles on the butt retro panties and call my self Miss Cherry Sunshine. Hence the name of the blog.
           In my time at the gentlemen's club named Greca I regret the awful neon tie dye costume with ugly long fringe. Think Randy Macho Man Savage in the eighties, but a thousand times worse. Not all my fashion choices were cringe worthy. I had a white linen blazer that was perfect. The lines were crisp and simple. I wore it with a pink silky polka dot button down. Think Julia Roberts by the pool in "Pretty Woman". I even had the spiral perm to match. My roommate and best friend, a platinum blonde stripper named Electra wore said jacket with a rhinestone bra. Sadly the jacket did not last the test of time. It was dry clean only and I was young, fashion dumb and washing machine only. The only item that survived from that summer was a bleached and ripped up Levi's jean jacket covered in studs and pink rhinestones. And with that, I hope the rest of your day sparkles as my old jacket.



           

No comments:

Post a Comment